Friday, July 9, 2010

Phil 2:14-15

I read this verse just a few moments ago and, wow, it convicted my heart!

Philippians 2:14-15
Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

I know for me that speech is not a strong point for me, even though I am relatively quiet most of the time. But, there are times when I just say what I feel like saying and don't think about how the other person(s) might react. So, this passage was pretty convicting to me. I am to do all things without complaining (murmurings) and getting into fights with people (disputings). This is why...because I am a light to this crooked and perverse nation! The Bible says that I am to be blameless (innocent or guiltless) and harmless in front of the world, because I am their light to Christ!

This is something that I need a lot of discipline with and I am going to work on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment