Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gardening Lessons

I don't know why, but lately I have been dealing with some "issues". Mainly about being single. I don't deal with it all the time, but the last few weeks have been a struggle. I read this morning Ecclesiastes chapter 3 verse 1, "To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven." I also go to Lumpkin County Jail every Monday night with my friend. Last night, one lady drilled my friend with questions about why God was letting certain things happen to her and why He wasn't answering her prayers.

You know, I have no idea why any of that happened to that lady, nor do I understand why I am still single, except this: God knows all about it and He has a purpose for it.

The first part of Ecclesiastes 3:11 states, "He hath made everything beautiful in his time". God is the creator of all things. I will give the example of flowers. Flowers take a lot of time for us to see the end result. You start with sowing the seeds. Then you have to keep watering them every day, sometimes more than one time a day. But, after a while you see the end result- beautiful and fragrant flowers.

That is what our life is. God works in our life; He purges us at times; He even picks out the weeds, if we let Him; He waters us through His Word. In His time, we will blossom into beautiful and fragrant flowers that will bring Him glory.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy path. This is the prayer of my heart today, to trust God will everything and let Him direct my path!

No comments:

Post a Comment