Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Never forgotten!

Isaiah 49:15-16
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
What an awesome reminder! Isaiah was saying that God will never forget us! I was doing my Bible study yesterday and the topic was about God remembering us. Well, that is strange because I just said that He will not forget us. Let me shed some light on the topic.... God remembered Noah and his family on the ark and then He stopped the waters. God remembered Rachel and gave her a child. God remembered the children of Isarael and delivered them from Egypt. There are several more accounts in the Bible where it says that God remembered so and so. Well, each time that God remembered someone, He acted upon that memory.
Here is what is so awesome...the Hebrew word for "graven" is "engrave". Wow! We are engraved upon God's hands!!! He knows what we are going through. Sometimes I feel as if God has forgotten me because I don't have a job right now, but that is a LIE!! The truth is He knows I don't have a job. He will remember in His timing. Right now God is teaching me. He is also trying me to see if I will trust Him and believe that He will do what He says He can do. (He will supply all my need. Phil 4:19)
Here is an awesome quote I read yesterday...
"If we cannot believe God when circumstances seem be against us, we do not believe Him at all."
Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment